Friday, September 7, 2012

I do enough

I do enough
You have probably already heard - Take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else and 'They grow up so fast' meaning leave what you think you need to do and do what you ought to do. Its just not always easy to just leave everything that needs to be done. While the washing will still be there tomorrow so will another couple of loads to add to it. It would be great to be able to prioritise what needs to come first and leave all the rest.  I can't do that.  I find it really hard to focus on what I am doing when there are other things to be done.  I wrote more about this in the She Will Run study - Guilt. You can read it here.

In short I have certain things that I do so I know I have done enough.  My solution is to simplify what I do so I can do what I was made to do. For every task required there is a simpler way to do it.  And there is always more to do

You do enough

Heard it all before?  
Are you saying to yourself.......
I could never..........
Its all very well for her she.......

that is just the point - the equation is I not her.

I don't think we need to learn anything new. Rather we need to acknowledge what we already know and do something with it. It is about making a start. Even if a little imperfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...