Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Apples with caramel cream cheese dip

I made these yummy goodies for the kindy teacher for Christmas gifts.  They loved them so much they wanted the recipe.  I have pinned a number of different ideas for gifts. I got the original idea from this post.  I changed out some of the ingredients for a caramel sauce recipe that I had and chocolate bars we get in New Zealand.  

Pin It
Apple with caramel cream cheese dip

Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 kit kat chocolate bars
8 apples
8 (1/2 cup each) mason jars

Directions
Mix together the sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl.
Heat on high approx 1 minute until smooth. Leave to cool.

Mix cream cheese with 1/3 of the caramel sauce. Mix until smooth.
Divide evenly amongst 8 jars. Wipe rim.
Spoon the remaining caramel sauce into each jar.
Crush up both chocolate bars.
Sprinkle crumbs evenly amongst the 8 jars.
Place lid on jars.
Top each jar with an apple.

Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon. Keep refrigerated until ready to give away. 


I remade it again for my birthday party afternoon tea and served with sweet biscuits and wafer sticks along with the apple.  The caramel sauce is also great served with icecream or sticky date pudding.  Next time I will try it as a cheese ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...