Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One Little Word



My word for 2013

e·nough

[ih-nuhf] 
adjective
1.adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire: enough water; noise enough to wake the dead.
pronoun
2.an adequate quantity or number; sufficiency.
adverb
3.in a quantity or degree that answers a purpose or satisfies a need or desire; sufficiently.
4.fully or quite: ready enough.

After putting together my series on enough at the end of last year I wanted to carry it through and allow it to be a part of who I am.

Last year my word was define. My idea was that I would finally get to writing my mission statement and setting my goals.  To put together my project of defining me.  Yet I ended the year in a very different place.  To define means to set the meaning of and determine the boundaries of a word.  So to define me I had to strip away everything that didn't fit with me.  It meant simplifying my life.  Clearing the clutter and the unfinished projects and deciding what I really wanted to be doing and who I want to be.

I came across this verse while clearing my diary from 2012.  Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed -  PROV 16:3.  After reading this post by Amanda at Always Amanda and this post at To Overflowing. I need to remember that while I have plans and dreams I always need to leave room for God to write the story.  So here is to this year and living a full life of white space and margin by discovering what is enough.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder about staying grounded and not getting pulled along by all the advertising around us telling us we need more, more, more. Thanks for the wise post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...